Monday, March 10, 2008

Revised Classification Intro

I pound my steering wheel in frustration. There is snow on the roads but not nearly enough to merit going twenty miles under the speed limit. Evidently the car leading the pack of six I’m stuck behind thinks so. The truck behind me doesn’t seem to understand that riding within ten feet of my bumper and swerving back and forth isn’t going to fix the situation. I’m impatient too but there’s nothing any of us are going to do. There simply are three types of drivers, just as there are three colors on a traffic light. Red light drivers are far too cautious and set their own speed limits, usually far below the posted norm. Yellow light drivers also are cautious but drive reasonably within the limits of the law. Green light drivers just go! They seem to feel that the road is their kingdom and that speed limits and other motorists are mere inconveniences.